Friday, March 26, 2010

Not so glorious sleep...

Hadley isn't the best sleeper in the world. While she does nap quite well during the day, bedtime is a different story. I think it's our bedroom, to tell you the truth. She can be fast asleep in the living room, asleep when we bring her into the bedroom, and when we lay her on the bed or in the pack and play? Wide awake. Smiling. Ready to party. And then she decides to nurse. For TWO HOURS. Yep, I become a passi for several hundred minutes. But if I try to move her away? A not so happy Hadley. So, Shaun and I have been trying to think of ways to get her to sleep better. Snuggling with Daddy? Only if he decides to grow a ninny. Self soothing in the pack and play? Can't bear to hear mah baybee crying. So, we decided to give the swing a try. She LOVES it during the day, so, here's how last night went.

11:30pm: Night-time/ Pre swing meal.
11:45pm: Place Hadley in swing. Monitor on.
11:52pm: Hiccups.
11:55pm: No more hiccups. No sound coming from monitor. Nothing at all.
12:10am: All quiet. Success!
12:50am: Quiet. We may have to make a habit of this.
1:20am: Still quiet. She makes some noises thru-out the day, so should I check on her?
1:50am: Quiet. I'm still awake.
2:15am: She is not this quiet during the day. Contemplate waking Shaun up so he can go check on her.
2:48am: STILL NO SOUND coming from her room.
3:42am: What? I slept? What if she made a noise and I missed it?
4:16am: Wait, was that a peep?
4:17am: False alarm, I guess. No more sounds.
4:30am: Okay, if Shaun stirs I'm gonna send him across the house to check on her.
4:42am: Shaun stirs, and I pounce. "Did you put the thick blanket on her? Have you heard her move? Breathe? ANYTHING?"
4:44am: A NOISE! *sigh of relief*
4:45am: Baby crying. Well, so much for getting a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment