Thursday, October 22, 2009

God is amazing...

A facebook post of a friend's has made me reflect on just how amazing my Lord and Saviour is. I mean, He sent His only Son, Jesus, here to earth, knowing that He would be sentenced to death, and He did all that for ME! Even if I was the only person on earth who had sinned, Jesus still would have died. Now, I love my husband, and family, and friends, but I don't think I could sacrifice my child for any of them. That is some amazing love that God has for us! And we have the audacity to question Him?
When we went through all of the infertility stuff and the loss of our first child, we were devastated, of course. We were angry, and bitter, and we wanted to be mad at God. But, why? What did He do to make me lose my baby? He gave me the ability to pray and believe and utilize my faith for that child, and it was me that failed. So, I had no right to be angry. After meeting several times with my pastor, I realized that I was in the wrong. So, I changed my outlook, and what I was speaking, and what I was doing. We were able to concieve when the doctor thought it wasn't going to happen, and we spoke over that baby and now we have our little Finley. She is such a blessing to us, and we are so thankful everyday for the gift we have been given!
As the holiday season approaches, I want to make sure that my focus stays on the REAL reason for the season. The sacrifice that was made for me and my sin. I want to make sure that Finn doesn't get caught up in all of the hustle and bustle of what we make Christmas, and forget what we are really celebrating. The birth of Jesus and the gift that came along with that birth. Our eternal salvation.
God really is amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment