Monday, October 19, 2009

Camping 2009







The Yount family just returned yesterday from camping at Bandit's Roost campground in Wilksboro, NC. We had a great time; this has become a tradition each spring and fall along with my parents (Norm and Beth Hendershot) and my aunt and uncle, Mitch and Elaine Garrison, and their boys. This year we added my Aunt Tammy and her 2 daughters and one of her sons.



Friday started with getting to the campsite later than we expected due to my jury duty. It was raining as we got there and stopped while we unloaded and set up the pop-up camper. We had prayed for no rain, but I guess someone else prayer harder for rain! Oh, well, it all worked out okay!



Saturday, we had sunshine and decided to tie-dye that afternoon. I have never done this before, and now I have something else to spend money on. Anyone interested in a tie-dyed duvet? Or a whole new wardrobe? Cause now I am itching to tie dye everything in sight! Seriously! They have created a monster! (A colorful, groovy monster!)



We hated to pack up on Sunday, since the weather was beautiful, but I guess all good things must come to an end. We had a great time altogether and enjoyed the extra guests!



Now, today is filled with unpacking, laundry, and getting the campfire smell out of our hair and clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment